Thursday, January 14, 2016

You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club-Jack London

With the new year upon us, I would just like to wish y'all good luck on your New Years resolutions... Even though you probably have broke 6/5 of them already. Anyway, the new year brings so many new opportunities if you are willing to go out and get them. I am writing this, not because I have some generic resolutions that I want to make happen, but to try and make better daily decisions. I'm not saying you shouldn't have resolutions, but we tend to think of ourselves as failures if we do happen to mess them up. Like if your resolution was to eat more healthy, and you "accidentally" ate an entire pizza, because you strive for greatness and why run 1 mile when you can run 2, why eat 3 slices when you can eat the entire thing, why sleep for 8 hours when you can sleep for 10. Always strive to out do your self in all things and that's a 🔑 key to success. 
Okay, back to my point.... Just because you may have slipped a little trying to accomplish your goals, doesn't mean you have to abandon ship and give up. When you are trying to be better and making good choices, the lord knows  and he doesn't care if your goal was to watch less tv and then you find out that season 7 of Parks and rec is now on Netflix. He cares about the over all pictures. He watches us fall and pick ourselves up again, he just wants us to be the best version of ourselves. So if you do happen to mess up a little and sin, he knows that sometimes that will happen.... Obviously he doesn't want us doing those things, but we are human and we sin. That's why one of my goals for this year is to have a better relationship with my Heavenly Father, because I feel so much better about my self and life when I am on a good spiritual track and doing the things I should be doing. Life can be dark and dreary sometimes and nothing might seem to be going your way, but trust me, the lord has so many blessings coming your way. There have been times in my life where I have been bitter towards heavenly for how a few situations have happened. But looking back now, I wouldn't change a thing. Right now I am trying to figure out how I make a living and what I am going to do after college and for a career because I graduate in May.... I don't know for sure what I want to 100% do yet, but I have a good idea, and I'm starting to really realize that when I put my trust in the lord and do the things he's asked if me, that good things happen.  Sure bad things happen along the way, but they are just stepping stones on the trail to greatness. 
Along with a career, another thing that seems to always be on my mind is how I'm going to somehow find a woman that's going to be willing to put up with me and my crazy self for eternity. Embarrassingly enough, I actually think about marriage quite a bit, and I don't feel like I am at all ready to be a husband and provider. I'm starting to realize that the problem I am having, is that I seem to be looking for the perfect woman, even though I am not the perfect man. I am expecting to find some gorgeous, rad, outdoorsy, sporty, spiritual dream boat but I am not trying to be the best I can be. Ergo, the lesson I have learned with woman and dating, is to get the person of your dreams, you better start trying to make yourself the person of someone's dreams.  The lord helps those who help themselves and when you are ready for that perfect person for you and you are doing all the things you should, the lord sees that you are ready, he will make things happen. 
I guess to kinda close this up, I would just like to remind you to not give up on your goals just because you mess up a little, don't give up on dating because you've had bad relationships or dates in the past. And I encourage you to be the best you that you can be. I am trying to be the best that I can be, and yes I mess up sometimes, but the lord knows I am trying to be better in many aspects of my life and I can truly tell that he blesses me for it.... Sometimes in opportunities, sometimes just having the spirit comfort you in times of need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment